Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 12:17 AM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Optimus Prime Studio Series 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
My arms are both tight with zero problems.

I think this is one of the best OPs ever made and he has pride of place in my collection and on my shelf. You may have just gotten a bum copy. This thing is insanely good.
That's what I said in my post, I really believe that I did get a bad one, it does look great, I don't have more than a few OP, and I've been very picky about which figures I get, and he does rank on par with the others I have (in terms of look)... the failings of this figure that they could have worked a bit more are as I stated, the arm and shoulder kibble and the cab's packpack could have been worked on a bit more, and the legs parts pegs should be better, I can't even be sure that they're connected correctly on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Agree with OP. Most anticipated SS figure for me and most "in-hand" disappointed figure. Leg/foot tab mechanism is terrible, plastic "feels" lackluster and albeit inspired transformation, it's extremely fiddly and not pose-able friendly. Oh well, back in the box you go.
I find him to be a mix of Siege and Leader POTP (and movie styled for details), I cannot say that it's a bad figure at all, it's very nice, BUT it does have some serious issues that I can't overlook, which could have been engineered better fairly easily and would have made him as perfect as he could have been. The backpack for example (robot) does a huge amount of blockage for the arms movement, and kills the waist turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
SS-38 is amazing... maybe 3rd party has spoiled you, but for a main-line Voyager Prime, he ranks among the best.
Nope, no 3rd party for me at all, got some KO in the combiners to complete some missing sets, but as I said, he is very nice, but he is not perfect, mine has a lot of quality control issues, and most of the negatives I've mentioned could have been addressed in development...

Again, the vibe I get with him is like they were going with "ok guys, we have this figure looking really great, there's a few things left that could improve him and he'd be pretty perfect, but what the heck, he'll sell like this so let's call it a night".

Compared to a lot of previous lines, absolutely, he's one of the best looking OP out there... especially for the movie versions, he's absolutely the best OP in my opinion. But I shouldn't be holding a copy that's falling apart like this... I really wanted to love this guy, but with this amount of lack in quality control, it kills it for me... I can't even transform him without parts coming off, especially his arm, and others being very hard to position correctly.

How can they do such a figure that screams both amazing quality and appearance while having absolute crappy design faults? I don't know, but they did it.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.