Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy?

Blitzwing is one of my favorite characters as well. I think he's a good toy with one big flaw and a couple minor ones. Too ambitious for his size class? Hasbro just needed better qc?

The shoulder issue is obviously huge. I feel like he's going to snap so easily everytime things move while trying to pose the arms. I feel like if you gave that to a kid who PLAYED with it, he'd break in minutes. I think it's fair to say from a play standpoint, he's a 'bad' toy.

The gun is too small and weirdly enough it won't sit right in his hand. You can't really peg it into the fist well and have it straight, it has to angle a bit. I'm sticking it into his shoulder...

But he's big, he looks cool, the three modes are pretty solid, the sword is great. I'm going to have to do a shoulder fix on him. He'll mostly sit on the shelf but I still like to transform and pose my toys, y'know?

I wonder if Doubledealer will fix some of these problems. Springer is a more solidly designed toy, but the Sandstorm version of the mold improved a lot of the little tabs. Sandstorm holds together much better than Springer.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.