Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
hXcpunk23
Generation 1
Exclamation Classics Megatron - WIP

I started this back in early 2008, but just recently went back to finish up some work on it. After seeing Kelvin's Megatron today and spoonman's Megatron custom recently, I've had the urge to finish up on this one also and finally share this up with those that never got to see it. As usual, this project has been in production for over a year and a half now (I REALLY need to keep cranking them out or do one at a time--lol). This was my first major styrene work. While I liked the overall look of Classics Megatron, it just wasn't "G1" enough for my taste. I cut off the old chest just above the hinge and built my own using 3 thick sheets of styrene. I added bits to the chest for more detail and I did my best to cut and shape it all to be more like the G1 Megatron from the toon. I'll update more on this soon with new pics and details. (sorry for the crappy pictures--I used an old digi-cam when I snapped these--new shots should be more clear and detailed). Don't mind the crappy silvery paint job--this was basically a test to see how the mods looked, then I tried to make it look worn a bit (to possibly keep the paint scheme), but it failed miserably. Trust me when I say you guys will dig the new shots MUCH MORE than these old WIP shots.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.