Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 07:28 PM   #8
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: What figure surprised you? Good or bad.

Geez it's tough. I've been excited about a lot of figures that lived up to the hype (ER Sky Lynx, ER Scorponok, Siege Omega, UW Devastator), so it's hard to think of what surprised me in a positive way...

I would say one slight example is ER Megatron. People seemed to really be harping on this toy, but I really liked it in hand, much better than Siege. The sword could have been better, but that was always a bonus. The gap filling shield for the back, the revised and more G1 looking head sculpt, redone chest and fusion cannon, it really clicked well for me.

So much so that I'm not sure I want to keep the G2 Megs, which I was originally looking forward to pairing with Laser TR Optimus, but it's just the same mold in a different color, not enough difference.

The other one I can think of is MP Optimus 3.0's trailer. I always knew I'd love the MP Optimus 3.0 - finally the heroic proportions of the cartoon and a perfect match with MP Megatron 2.0. And I knew the transformation would be complicated but fun and repeatable, like MP Megs 2.0. But I heard a lot of negative remarks about the price and post-release comments about the trailer adding too much to the price, but honestly, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised at how much fun the trailer is. The number of features was amazing and I could see where the cost went. Leagues better than MP 2.0's trailer, which had already seemed pretty perfect.
The price is still nuts and maybe less paint and reliance on coloured plastic would have been enough for me to reduce the price, but I can definitely see what they were going for.
NightshadeX is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.