Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: The Narrative & Dialog of Transformers Prime

I think Prime is a brilliant show with great characters and a solid mythology, inheriting 25 years of mythological development.

I haven't seen Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon but I will say that 'Darkness Rising' is a WAY better Transformers movie than the first movie. It doesn't meandre about with b-plot sappy love story with the meatbags, it doesn't try to be needlessly mysterious, it brings us into the war right there, its a TRANSFORMERS story not anything else and they give personality to both villains and heroes. And the direction is way better and clearer than Michael Bay's stupid shaky cam style that make the fights between transformers nothing but big balls of metal swirling in a uncomprehensible mess.

That fight on the Nemesis where you see through the kids view of the fight with the muted sound, as though you had been defeaned, was very very effective in conveying the scale of the battle. It made it feel very frightenening and was just a brilliant piece of direction.
Undrave is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.