Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #15
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I don’t know about Johnnydark, but here were my minor issues.

I didn’t like that Dropkick and Shatter did not have the means to communicate with Cybertron without using human technology. Maybe not a logic gap, but a plot convience for certain.

Coupled with Optimus being able to send a message to the stars in 2007, it gets more iffy for me. But it did make for a nice looking finale to the film.

My other main critique is Prime ending up surrounded by Decepticons on Cybertron in Bee’s last flashback. Then we see Optimus on Earth at the end of the film, no explanation as to how he escaped what appeared to be certain doom.
Good points,

Also bothersome is that at no point anywhere is Blitzwing, Shatter or Dropkick given names. As Starscream Fiancee pointed out, though it was great to see Decepticons as well rounded characters, something gets lost for the average fan in needing to say the "blue dude" or the "crazy red missy". A small gripe but I could see it causing a disconnect for the average moviegoer.

Everything with Memo was awkward, clunky and generally unnecessary, as was Bee stumbling around the house. He just came from a war zone and has no better sense than to be delicate?

Charlie getting on the secret military base...really? That's all it takes? I know high schools with better security lol.

The fight with Dropkick was awesome. I'm still not sure how Bee survived and Shatter...I dunno...got crushed? Vanished?

Finally, if this is in the Bayverse, as Travis Knight has said himself, then why was Earth depicted by Optimus as a new discovery? Was not Bee and Hot Rod there in 1944 or thereabouts? Also, since Megs was found in, what was It, 1897 and on ice since the 30's then why, exactly, did Shatter and Dropkick not break him out?

I loved it and the average moviegoer will never ever nitpick all these things because the good credit the film builds and what it does right it does so amazingly well. You tend to let these things pass. Was it the best one ever? Nope, but it is taking leaps and bounds on the right direction after the last couple went off the rails a bit, in fact, it does so much right that I think most of us agree we want to see more of where this is going. I just hope it is not too little too late for the average moviegoer.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.