Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 11:01 AM   #8
Msol
Titanium
Re: Renovating space for display. Looking for advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
It really depends on how many figures you have, and how crowded you're going to be with them, if you display them in robot or alt mode, if you plan to have them in poses/diarama approach.

My office is limited due to furniture, but I figured that some high shelves would work (and they did)

I ended up getting a 12 feet baseboard that had a nice pattern, cut it in two and painted them, mounting them with "L" brackets on top to "hide" them a bit and have a clean finish. The depth being around 6/8 inches has been a comfortable depth as I didn't want deeper than that.

With my planes, I got stands so to stagger them.

The bottom was dedicated for the Siege figures to be in "battle pose" (Autobot VS Decepticons), which, well.. ended up being a lot more than I had figured, so if I was to do this again, I would consider getting longer boards as they are much more crowded that I intended, but it still works.

So just to give you ideas.
Thanks for the advice! Glad to see a real-life example of this. Oh, can you tell me the vertical distance between the two shelves?

And yeah the desk/chair combo runs the risk of getting crowded. I’ll test it out and see how it feels on the fly I guess.

Last edited by Msol; 07-31-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.