Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #30
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Thoughts on Studio Series so far?

Of the SS I bought Prime, Starscream and Grimlock waiting on finding Blackout.
Aesthetics standpoint, Prime is mediocre but as a whole I kind of dig it. Starscream is a really nice redone version of the deluxe and I will say it, I am disappointed with Grimlock. His robot mode looks nice but I feel they made too much sacrifice to make that awful dino mode and yet still better than the AOE Leader dino mode, imo, not by much. I had high hopes on this one and I dig HOW they did what they did for the robot mode, but again, like...just make a fucking tail already. I just think there are things they could have done even better with Grimlock, and given him 2 hands plus an optional spiked ball.
So feelings are kinda mixed. Waiting on finding Blackout. No desire to get the Deluxe figs aside from Jazz in wave 2.

Edit: So, been playing around with Grimlock. I still think they could have done better on the dino mode, especially all the gaps and weak excuse of a tail, but I am also contemplating on fixing that. I may try to make him a hand, a ball weapon and a tail and 3d print it. I'd rather have tail kibble or as an attachable part than constantly getting these weird tails they keep giving movie Grimlock.

Last edited by joshimus; 04-21-2018 at 11:56 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.