Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 64 - Nothing Good on TV

There are good reality shows and there are bad ones.The two you've guys talked about are very bad ones.

Now I have personally never watched Collection Intervention,nor Toy Hunters,mainly because reality shows have become a normative for television that manipulative editing,exploitation of people with serious problems,and filming one tedious subject after another,I have graciously given up anything that's being shown on television except for the occasional drama series or any animated show.

Like everyone,I am personally worried that the majority will see collectors in this certain light,and when hearing about the inception of Collection Intervention,I instantly thought of what my family will think these are the people I am surrounded with at Cons.Luckily all of us are very level-headed collectors and know where we stand in life,but I have grown tired of that one ignorant individual that claims this is what's being shown as reality.But it's television,nothing is real about it,not even history documentaries,where some editing is there to present a certain side of their thesis.I'm still wondering why media has gotten to the point that 'anything stupid' sells,and I feel we're all to blame for it (Even myself),and we've got these two shows,representing our subculture,as a result,whether we like it or not.

But what does irritate me is the people they have chosen and labelled them as 'experts',as if the very meaning of the word is no longer relevant as long as the drama between them and their subjects will keep cashing in for these con-artists that are now called producers.These little mistakes about M.A.S.K,TF,and the like would cause our skin to crawl from a tool like Jordan or a narrow-minded 'pretty girl' like Elyse and claim themselves as grand experts of their subjects and their toys.But I wonder whether they are also victims of the editing process themselves,whether they are also being pressured by their greedy bosses to say this or that (They too are actors of their fake cinema vertie),that they are no better than the hosts reading off of cue cards like Ryan Seacrest or Phil Keoghan.Whatever the case,their misinformation will be droplets absorbed to the non-collecting viewer,where if they ever approach people like us,not only they would look foolish,but it goes to show that the harsh powers of reality television is something we can't control,not even the Academy (Since they give them two Emmy Award Categories those idiots)

But this is all the first season of these TLC rejects.I'm wondering what their second seasons will be like.Maybe better,maybe worse,but to those that are watching it,let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!

Last edited by TMIIWonkoNemises; 09-26-2012 at 09:53 AM.
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.