Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #40
Vakamadisk
Meow
Re: Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
. . . The shoulder issue is obviously huge. I feel like he's going to snap so easily everytime things move while trying to pose the arms. I feel like if you gave that to a kid who PLAYED with it, he'd break in minutes. I think it's fair to say from a play standpoint, he's a 'bad' toy . . .
Generations is a line of kids' toys designed for adult collectors . . . Hmmmm--it appears a conundrum has arisen, as those two factors seem to cancel each other out. I can now conclude that Generations is an anomaly that will result in the creation of a black hole that will lead to the Classic destruction of our Universe theory coming true.

Oops I seem to have gone off track. Ummm I like Blitzwing. I think both alt modes look different enough from each other, they hold together securely, and they're tons of fun. The robot mode is cool with a G1-inspired look and an Animated-inspired face-swapping gimmick.

There is the issue of paint inside the helmet hardening, making the face-swapping difficult, though. For that, Just try flipping the faces either up or down by placing a nail under or over the chin, nose or other such groove.

Oh! And there's the infamous shoulder problem. It hasn't bothered me too much. I just place my thumb on top of the purple shoulder piece when I want to move an arm upwards. Downwards, however, is easy as the shoulder has no reason to come unhooked like a bra.

In my opinion, this toy is definitely worth adding to the collection. I'm not sure if this goes for the rest of Canada, but in my area Blitzwing is easy to find in stores, as he has been deemed the Shelfwarmer of the Generations Voyagers so far.

Last edited by Vakamadisk; 10-25-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Vakamadisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.