Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #109
BludChylde
Generation 2
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
As I was fiddling around with them, I realized there is a distinct difference in the quality of construction between the Combiner Wars bots and the POTP bots. When you compare them side by side, the POTP bots almost feel like KOs. The plastic feels lighter, and I just get the impression, things are going to wear out in rather quick fashion.

The CW combiner limb pegs feel solid and slide into the ports with a nice solid click, while the POTP combiner pegs feel off and don't really click in solidly. Then there's the combiner ports on Elita-1, the springs on them feel weak, and they don't feel like they're holding the limbs in all that securely, at least not compared to a CW torso.
Haven't noticed any problems with the combiner pegs or ports, but I do agree there is a quality issue. And I'm definitely agreeing on the plastics issue because, I could be wrong, but it looks like stress marks are starting to form on Swoop where his legs tab together.

Just an edit to try and show the stress marks on Swoop. Best picture I could get at the moment.

Last edited by BludChylde; 10-27-2018 at 03:38 PM.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.