Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #108
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
Now having all the Dinobots and finally playing around with Volcanicus, I have 2 problems. First Slag/Sludge/Snarl/Swoop all do a poor job of the lower arm staying together in arm mode. Every single one of them, the legs want to pop apart if you attempt posing. My other problem is the Volcanicus torso.The weight of the arms alone cause Grimlock's arms to untab and it just goes to Hell at that point.
I'm a little behind on my toy opening, but I finally got around to opening up the POTP fembots Elita-1, Moonracer, and Novastar. I needed two more limbs to make the combined form, so I grabbed Alpha Bravo and Offroad from Combiner Wars.

As I was fiddling around with them, I realized there is a distinct difference in the quality of construction between the Combiner Wars bots and the POTP bots. When you compare them side by side, the POTP bots almost feel like KOs. The plastic feels lighter, and I just get the impression, things are going to wear out in rather quick fashion.

The CW combiner limb pegs feel solid and slide into the ports with a nice solid click, while the POTP combiner pegs feel off and don't really click in solidly. Then there's the combiner ports on Elita-1, the springs on them feel weak, and they don't feel like they're holding the limbs in all that securely, at least not compared to a CW torso.

Also, it's a shame about Moonracer and Firestar's legs. Everyone complains about those side panels, and they are kind of crappy. But all the designers had to do to fix this was make the back of the legs the front the front of the legs the back. When I turn the legs to face this way, it looks almost perfect. It's too bad the knees and feet can be reversed.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 10-26-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.