View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #22
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Price hike for 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
On one hand, it sucks when prices go up.

On the other, they're better toys as a trend. I can only speak to a few SS releases, but Siege blows previous lines out of the water. It's fine to say you'd rather have Combiner Wars etc price points, but don't end the statement there as though everything else is the same, because it isn't: better toys cost more money; Siege is better than CW hands-down; it only follows that Siege would cost more. The real, unspoken point of disagreement is whether the price increases and improvements in design/quality are of a 1:1 ratio in value.

Regardless of whether you agree with the above, here's something you may want to consider: rather than being purely reactionary and tightening your belt whenever prices jump, try cutting back before they jump. I myself started focusing my purchases before the Siege/TLK price hike, and it made that pill much easier to swallow. If the cuts you make are disciplinary in nature rather than reactionary, you will be happier for having made them because they were your choices rather than your wallet's.
I mean, I don't think siege blows the prime wars trilogy out of the water. There are some wonky, lousy toys. Some great ones. Titans return had a pile of outstanding deluxes. Generations Springer is still a goat tf. Is the parts count a bit higher? I don't think the plastic quality or QC is notably better. Plastic is different but they are still doing some poor engineering or toys are defective or have widespread QC issues. More paint? Maybe, but it's battle splatter.

Putting aside that disagreement, whatever improvements are in there aren't worth a ten dollar jump. No chance. Nothing justifies that b

Studio series is a mixed bag but on the whole does have a higher level of detail/paint than generations. Worth the initial hike? Dunno. Worth ANOTHER hike? No way.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.