Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #3
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: TRU Canada: Spun-off, sold, or transferred?

Toy's-R-Us looks like a warehouse because they have the Costco design of retail brick&mortar, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

I suspect they may have wanted to change their image slightly, but considering they are saddled with the large buildings and limited options for changing locations in a centralized fashion the store layout stays pretty much the same because Toy's-R-Us remains warehouse looking despite having shrunk their shelving layouts considerably since the early days.

Transformers used to be an entire dedicated aisle that was at least a half a block long or something...

Personally I think it would be interesting to see a different company take charge of TRU and if they make changes. I hope the costs won't rise too crazily, but who can say really.

If they take some of that huge space of theirs and make it more child adventure friendly with an area for play and stuff it might draw more in. The entire back section of the store is dedicated to a lot of empty space, I mean there's bikes and outdoor play facilities and stuff, but I rarely venture back there and can't recall just how much of that space is used effectively or not.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.