Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Classics Shockwave - G1 homage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Wave View Post
Classics Shockwave - G1 homage

I have to say I was inspired by the work done by frenzy_rumble, Solrac333, Jin and Todd Hakusho. So I went out and got myself a Dremel set (36 pc) and started to work on this not so simple custom piece. I do how ever want to keep it as close to the G1 look and feel. I'm not sure I'll be able to have an alternate mode when I'm done.

So this is going to be 2 custom shockwaves. I'm going to do a homage to the G1 version and the other more of a classics look. Now I still need to figure out the alt modes for both, if not it's just going to be another Revoltech figure!

G1 Shockwave Homage - The base figure will be the Energon Shockblast. Most of his body will remain the same except for his forearms and sides of his legs (G1 parts). I am thinking of switching out the head to the G1 version. I'll need to mod it to be more streamline so it fits the body. This is going to be painted with a few shades of purple, black and grey.

Classics Shockwave - The base figure will be the Energon Shockblast. Most of his body will remain the same except for his forearms (KO Jetfire parts), cannon (Universe Tankor). The shoulders will be switched out from the other E Shockblast so both arms will look the same.
As for the paint job, it's going to be painted white with purple as an accent color. Well I'm still deciding on the color

Anyways will update you as I progress along… let me know what you think and if you have any hints please feel free to pass it along.

WIP PIC's are COMING!

Most of the parts have been primed. The cannon has been modded by adding a small plastic cap and a G1 OP missile drilled into the stock.
(credit goes to Todd Hakusho for his version of the cannon arm)
just a note dude, Todd is me on TFW2005. xD I signed up there before I came here

but I CANNOT wait to see this
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.