Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #41
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons
Final thoughts

I came back to my first post on this present thread. About eight months ago, I explained how I was happy about having a complete collection. I was saying “More would be too much for now. Having a lower amount of figures means a cleaner display of more appreciable pieces.”

That was in October 2014.

Click image for larger version

Name:	October 2014.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	28708

Many hundreds of dollars later...

Click image for larger version

Name:	June 2015.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	28709

I don't even have room for MP-10b anymore. How despicable!
It's a never ending hobby. It's a drug. And I quit!!!

My collection is now complete. I mean really complete. Can you believe it? I do!

Collecting figures brought a lot of feelings into my life, some good and some bad. It's very hard to describe, when I try to summarize it. Let's go!

I am happy I lived the experience and I am also happy to stop, leave and get away. Happy that I had so much fun collecting, hunting, studying and most of all Transforming toys with a capital T! Happy to get away from this money trap too.

Contemplating my collection today makes me feel good, makes me feel like I attained a goal and that I have something to show for it! This is actually silly, it's just a pile of stuff I accumulated after all...

In a way, it does feel like it's just a pile of stuff I accumulated. It's time to stop because I still like it and before it becomes a sad monster.

Collecting Transformers is fun, a lot of fun... though it can bring bad emotions. The frustration and deception arising from “the impossible expectation of perfection” really brought me down sometimes.

Transformers toys are getting pricier every year and the multiplying amount of companies going at it really makes me feel like a wallet without a name. The load of money some of you throw at this obsession is better worth it!!! Go ahead and collect all what you want, but don't forget these wise words from Ferris Bueller: Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Shut up B13! hehehehhe

This hobby would not be the same without this forum and I want to virtually “thank this forum” and all its members. Your contribution is wonderful and you make this small universe live in a good way I believe.

I won't give names, but some of you are just so great! You bring knowledge without trying to outsmart anyone. Some of you are on my ignore list too! I wish every member would receive a yearly statement indicating on how many ignore lists they are. That would say a lot. I would like to thank the ignore list!

Thank you to the moderators. You are the essential lions in this “friendly” jungle! Thank you to the all contributing people staying in the dark.

I don't believe many of you will read this. It's a “long” text and I am not very popular. Heh! I guess I'm writing this leaving note to myself, in a way!

Thank you all!

Byebye

Last edited by B13; 06-05-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Orthography
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.