Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #6
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart's Price Matching is Total BS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Walmart has been doing that for quite a while now. I've even heard that they're trying to do away with the whole price-matching policy altogether.
That seems to be the direction they are trying to go in the future.

I can't.remeber if it was last year, or earlier, but they reduced the number of items they will price match, and they also limit what stores they will price match. So no mom and pop shops, but also a lot of second tier chains (T&T grocery comes to mind)

Honestly I have vented about Walmart before, especially their ridiculous claim that they won't price match their own website because it is a different company.

For my collecting, and groceries, I use them less and less. On the grocery side I don't find their prices to be the lowest anymore, except on sale. The exception is their "strategy" of buy multiples of an item for a discount. However I usually don't want to buy 2-4 of the same food item just to save a few cents, while spending more in total.

For toys, they don't seem to ever do sales on items I want, and TRU has regular sales. So I rarely buy from them anymore, unless it is an exclusive, or on "clearance" to a price worth paying.

Maybe they just don't feel the need to compete as much in our market (Canada) since there are so few real large scale competitors.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.