Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Customs Duties?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #20
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions
Re: Customs Duties?

for HasbroPulse and FedEx, what are your experiences with additional customs fees?

I always avoided FedEx, UPS, and DHL because I thought they always charged additional customs fees; but after seeing AgesThreeAndUp's $30 US markup on Black Zarak, I'm reconsidering and looking into FedEx.

https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/ancillar...e-service.html
Ah, HasbroPulse's "FedEx International Economy" counts as "Express" for "Canada - FedEx Express" category.
Quote:
Disbursement Fee
2.5% of the total duty and tax advanced or $10 CAD, whichever is greater.
In the event we disburse duties and taxes on any given shipment to a customs agency, the payer will be assessed an ancillary clearance service fee based on a flat rate or on a percentage of the total amount disbursed.

ROD Fee
CAD $10.00 + Applicable Tax
Charged to customers with no acct number or poor payment history for collection at time of delivery.
I'm guesing the tax disbursement fee doesn't apply since the taxes are paid through HasbroPulse, not FedEx.
and the ROD fee can be avoided if you sign up for an account? Do you NEED to sign up for an account to avoid that, or is this just a fee for 1st time receivers, after which an account is created automatically? Are there really no fees??

Wait, why is HasbroPulse charging 14% tax and AgesThreeAndUp charging 5% tax? Both shipping to Ontario addresses.
If there's no FedEx fees at all, Ages3+ will still be cheaper for Black Zaraks, but comparable at 2 Black Zaraks from Hasbro vs 1 from Ages3+, and 5 (but roughly 3-6) Black Zaraks from Hasbro vs 2+ from Ages3+. (AgesThreeAndUp: 1=~$199.61 USD, 2+= $188.62 USD ea.; HasbroPulse: 1=$212.40, 2=$197.40 ea., 3=$192.40 ea., 4=$189.90 ea., 5=$188.40 ea.)
I'm glad I didn't miss out on any savings then.

Last edited by RavageX-9; 04-06-2021 at 11:15 PM.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.