View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Steampunk Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
I agree with DOTM Megs, he's fits the bill.

How bout ROTF scout Hubcap or Lockdown/Axor?
Universe Vector prime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I'm neutral towards steampunk. I like it, but I don't love it, but I wouldn't mind seeing more.

That said, I think there seem to be variations of steampunk, some of which I like more than others.

I can't think of any other Steampunk figures offhand.

Figures I'd like to see done in steampunk style: Soundwave and his cassettes, the Combaticons, and Omega Supreme.
Omega Supreme does lend well to the whole Steampunk feel, just needs some tweaking.

I completely forgot about Vector Prime. What with the gears and clockwork and colours, he's extremely Steampunk.

There's an insane number of variations on Steampunk. Gothic, Victorian, Edwardian, WWI through WWII (though that's usually "Dieselpunk"), and the list goes on and on. The DreamWave WWII Transformers G.I.Joe crossover comic series was more or less Dieselpunk in style. Mind you I wasn't a fan of the art in that series. So dark most of the details were lost.

When you look carefully at things, Steampunk pops its head out. Chrono Trigger was in the genre, as was FFVI. Vision of Escaflowne was also quite Steampunk.

Its pretty much Cyberpunk executed with an old style using old means, where newtonian physics are king.

I'm by no means an expert, and by no means a Steampunk nut. I just find it pretty cool.

Last edited by Shepp; 09-30-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.