Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Cannonball remake? Cannonball remake. At this point I would settle for a remolded First Edition Bulkhead.
That actually looks kinda cool...with a new head and different weapon it could really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
You said my name right "FEZ ZAID"
Is that Zaid pronouced "Zade" or "Said"?! O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I jsut had a flash! I know who needs an update!

Thunderblast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdtHO6RbwI
Am I the only one who likes her the way she is? :P

I will agree that it would be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I have a problem with some of the notions you guys put forward in regards to getting new items.

...what angers me most is that we shouldn't HAVE TO resort to buying figures online that should have been in stores months ago!

...I get the point that some people just never shut up about it on the boards and such, but you have to admit that it is a valid complaint.

...I really don't think it's unreasonable to want to be able to find these figures at retail.
Okay! Logic time!

I don't understand where this preconceived notion that everything should be available to you at retail. No one EVER said if you get wave 1 you would get every other wave that follows. That's just collecting and retail in general. It's a roll of the dice thanks to case assortments and distribution and its always been that way.

In addition, practically EVERY Transformers line has had items in it that never hit Canadian retail and I'm fairly certain outside of the US most countries are also in the same boat. To even counter point myself even the US may not get certain lines, molds, and also have missing waves.

Is it unreasonable to want every wave to hit retail? No.
Is it unreasonable to expect every wave will hit retail? Yes.

Since it's been this way for the longest time I don't know why anyone would assume we would suddenly get every wave now. My point is if you want every thing from every line, you will absolutely have to be resourceful and expand outside of the mass retail only mindset because Transformers is so huge right now, that expecting everything to hit North American retail will not be happening any time soon.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.