Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #20
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
And good on you to set limits on buying for a single detolf shelf - you're probably gonna be glad you did in the future.
Well, that's what I have on display. I have all my previous displayed toys packed in boxes in the closet. That's getting cramped in there too. But when the second child was born, I had to move the toys out of that room into storage. If I had my way, I would have a shelf for every iteration of Transformers. The limits are set by how mad the wife gets.

As for Earthrise, It's a great concept, and I really like that the first year cast are all going to be remade as close to their original looks as possible. I just can't afford, and can't fathom buying most of them. The articulation and details are all there too.
The Megatron is just slightly different than the Siege version. And either of them are not as nice looking as my CW Leader (he stands in the front of my MP-05 and behind my original G1 Megatron). But that's what happens when Megatron can't be a gun anymore.
I'm also intrigued by the Double Dealer. I have what I was told was a KO of it, and it's a brick, but it does a lot of things. So that'll be fun to see a new version of that. I wasn't thrilled with Apeface's new mold, I passed on that one, even at Walmart's crazy blowout sale a few weeks ago. I'm only regretting a little, passing on Ultra Magnus at that price, but the CW version is just fine for me.
As nice as Optimus looks, I just don't need another Prime.
But anyways, Hoist and Quintesson, and maybe Starscream.
My list of Siege purchases for comparison was: Hound (on sale for $12), Springer (full price cuz he was impossible to find), Jetfire (on sale for $75 from Amazon).
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.