Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 03:05 AM   #6
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise
Re: Will I have to pay duty?

It's all luck and where you order from and what time of the year according to post office worker I deal with. Items from the USA are an easy yes your going to pay if the item is over $60.00 and comes from a store like Bigbadtoystore or TFSource. The Christmas time rush is when they will most likely hit you up for duty the most. International mail from China and parts of Europe are less likely to get hit with custom charges. Avoid UPS, FedEx, DHL, Purolator and Ebays Global shipping at all times. Those companies charge brokerage fees and some charge double shipping. Pay for shipping in USA and pay for shipping in Canada plus brokerage fee. I had this happen to me twice with UPS. When I get items shipped from the USA I use USPS only and try to keep orders small. With using USPS/Canada Post you don't get the tags on the door like UPS and FedEx. Your package just goes to the post office for pick up if no ones home. No calling 1800 numbers or checking websites to have item put for pickup location. I prefer ordering from HK, Japan and China just to save on not getting hit by customs. If you are worried about duty charges just order from a Canadian store instead and avoid the trouble of paying duty.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.