Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: TF Collecting during the Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
right now i look at it this way personally - is getting a toy worth potentially getting sick and dying? no. so local sweeps is out for me.
I still see people making posts about long trips sweeping through stores, and though it's their life, I still can't help but roll my eyes a little.

Personally, I've been collecting so long, I have more than enough toys to occupy my time with. I do not fear missing out on Optimus Prime or Bumblebee number 6001.

Once you go through collecting multiple lines, you realize it doesn't really matter if you miss out on something on the initial release. Either you find it later on or something bigger and better comes along with the new releases. For example, I couldn't find a CW Sky lynx, and now a Commander size one is coming out. So in the long run I ended up saving money because instead of paying for the CW Sky lynx, that money now gets shifted into purchasing the Commander sized one instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I am at the point where I want to package a figure up just so I can open it and pretend I got something new. Haven't gotten anything since beginning of March.
For me, I don't have enough space to display my whole collection, so I rotate stuff in and out. This usually happens on a time frame of years, so when I decide to rotate stuff, it's like super Christmas, because the time is long enough that I forget that I have certain things.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.