Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #12
Fear or Courage
Beasty
Re: suggestions for tfcon 2017

The good:

-Generally, I think the con is the perfect size. Small enough to not be overwhelming, but big enough to feel significant. I’d rather they keep it this size than try to grow it.
-Those lovely bags they gave us to carry our stuff.
-The panels I went to (The Beast Wars voice actors, Flint Dille and Dan, Welker, Vangelus) were all pretty great in general, others have said plenty on that.
-Kudos to them for making the complicated task of organizing the crowds and lines for Welker’s panel so efficient.
-I love how kid-friendly the ‘con is. One dealer even had a “free for kids under 12” box.

The bad:

-I missed a lot of the script reading, because they started early, due to the auditions apparently ending really fast. They needed to either stick to the schedule and break for a bit, or use the P.A. to announce that it was starting early.
-The costume contest felt really slapdash and disorganized, with everyone filling out papers on the spot, the MC clearly making things up as he went along, and everyone going up the middle of the room instead of, like, coming through the side door. I’m not expecting Fan Expo’s Masquerade, but it could have been planned better.
-Others have said their opinions, but that one joke in the comic about female cosplayers was in bad taste, and I say that as someone that’s read previous comics. I was glad someone put them on blast for it during the Sunday panel.
-Finally, can they PLEASE come closer to the east side of the GTA one year? Durham/Scarborough/Pickering/Ajax gets no love. I’ll make the drive, but it would be nice to have something closer one year.
Fear or Courage is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.