Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:13 PM   #26
teruo313
Beasty
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post

As far as the dealer room goes, the main complaint from last year was confusion over US and Canadian pricing. Thankfully I didn't see any of that this time, but maybe I was lucky. I was not fussed about the lack of a refresh on Sunday. I didn't even think about it until
If people are disappointed in the dealer room, and that's all they care about, then sorry but you are totally doing TFcon wrong. There is so much more to this show than just buying toys or seeing whatever off-brand reveals you're going to be spending your money on later. Go and experience everything the show has to offer. Have fun. And if that's still not enough and there are things you wish the show had, then be the change. Volunteer your time and make it happen. That's what I do, and I already love TFcon, so what's your excuse?

Sayonara.
Umm, but that's the thing, you say be the change, yet the way Sunday was done compared to previous years was a change. Sunday has always been considered Action Figure Expo (or some other name, it escapes me now). Even for dealer registration it was always Saturday you needed atleast 50% Transformers at your table, and Sunday there was no minimal requirement which meant you could have a table with no Transformers at all if you wanted. Hence the lack of a refresh on a lot of tables this year.

In the past, this resulted in different people coming to the convention on the second day. As well as a refresh with the 1 day dealers, who only sell Transformers or action figures. And speaking as someone who's been a dealer or helped out at another dealer's table over the last 6 years, traffic did seem a bit slower.

Panels are great and if that's your thing terrific, I'm glad that you had a great time. But it's not for everyone, some just like to buy toys and hang out with friends.

Last edited by teruo313; 07-22-2018 at 11:19 PM.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.