Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #35
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: New Toys Prices Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
All prices are high. Just look at 3P. Yeah, I know, smaller production runs and all that, but... we pay $30 for a deluxe, a toy that is quite good. Now let's look at NewAge, who BTW are producing masterpieces. Their products are damn near unaffordable. If you were to scale up their incredible engineering talent to MP sized figures, they would cost damn near as much as Unicron!

Not exactly sure where I was going with this... I want to be able to afford NewAge toys...Right now, I can only afford Hasbro.
3p actually seems to be the ones that haven't increased prices exponentially. Mainline has increased but mp has gone lunatic.

$200 mp-10 optimus with trailer
$550 mp-44 optimus with trailer

$70 mp-12 sideswipe
$145 mp-39 sunstreaker

To be fair the later releases have more parts/articulation (much like mainline) compared to the predecessors, but more than double the price?

Lets compare some 3p offerings by magic square and transform element which are comparable to the toon aesthetics of mp-44. They cost about $150 albeit without trailer. That's nearly a $400 difference!

I've always been a supporter of takara but they give me mp-hound which mostly come broken or crack from just being displayed and I happily buy a 3p offering which is pretty flat in pricing over the years.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.