Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Your Childhood "Holy Grail" Transformers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
As a kid, it would have been Blitzwing. When I was young I never got to choose my TF's, they were just given to me as gifts for xmas/bdays etc, I never even saw a G1 display . I do recall asking for Blitzwing though and being told it wasn't available. Luck was on my side though, some kid, dunno who, came to my house and had one with him. When they left, Blitzwing was forgotten. Never saw the kid again, so I considered it a parting gift.
Ha!

I never had a "real" one, but I've still got one of those "Robot attack" KOs or whatever they were called. I got it from a dollar store for like 3 bucks, and it's an exact remold of the original. The only difference is that its got blue instead of purple & silver legs. I actually like it better than the licensed copies, and I remember my dad shitting on me for the entire ride back about how I shouldn't have bought a fake piece of crap. I still have the gun that it came with, too.

Also in regards to "parting gifts", that's basically how I got my Hero Megatron & G1 Rodimus. I met these two kids at school & we decided to trade shit for a weekend. It was those two guys for my Jazz, Sideswipe, Roller & some dollar store toy. As it turns out, these kids lost a bunch of my shit, gave me back Sideswipe missing its window panels, said they'd bring the rest on the next day... but never returned.

In other words, I ended up unintentionally trading G2 Jazz, Roller & the dollar store thing for Rodimus & Megs which I was cool with.

... oh & about the catalogue, I think it would've been a HUGE mistake for me parents to get one of those for me, as I'd have gone as crazy for this shit as I did for legos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.