Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
MGT-01--delicate warrior Arcee pictorial and review

Okay, for many this will be old news but for some sitting on the 'preorder' fence, surfing to the iGear site only to shy away from the price this could be just the review for you!

Most importantly, I aim to make a direct comparison to the Impossible Toys Valkyrie (ITV) figure that some may be confusing with the Delicate Warrior offering. Don't get me wrong--I still dig the IT Valkryie...it's just that the Delicate warrior is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Valkryie in terms of design, sculpt, quality---and of course, at a much higher price.

Let's start with the box:

Clearly a larger box, and the feeling that MGT-01 is larger than the ITV. The ITV box is really sweet, but the MGT-01 has amazing artwork on the back.

Right away you get more with the MGT-01. But the size difference is a bit less than the box suggests.

IMHO, the one place the ITV outshines the MGT-01 is the alt mode. There's just something about the ITV that is sleeker, sexier and more honest to the G1 design. That is, of course, until you actually handle the two figures and see that the MGT-01 is TWICE the weight of the ITV!!!

And a lot can be told from looking underneath...note the diecast and the 'special' plastic for the joints on the MGT-01. Clever idea, isn't it? Use higher quality plastic for areas that receive mechanical stress...that's engineering folks. Still, MGT-01 is messier underneath and that's another very minor strike against an otherwise perfect figure.

Another key difference is the hip joints. Again, the MGT-01 uses a durable plastic...almost TEFLON or HDPE in appearance for the joints. Look at how sleek the MGT-01 joints are...how they close up. Beautiful!!! Note that ITV's hips also work well, and were a big improvement over the original design (and way better than the prototype Titanium Arcee design we saw a few years ago).

Part of the way thru transformation. The joint feel is "sublime". The shoulders; however, are a tiny bit tight. Everything else is A-1...not too tight, not too loose. World class. Those are rubber tires, BTW!!!

Another major difference is the Headsculpt. Actually the ITV has a different look to it...I can't describe it, leave it for yourself to decide, but I'd almost say the MGT-01 is more "classy". Neither, IMHO, fit in a "CHUG" design language so if Hasbro does make a Classics Arcee it will certainly be welcome in my lineup. That said, I've got lots of places to put these figures so I'm happy to have both!

Yes, she stands without the "anal beads". Quite well actually, and much better than the ITV.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.