Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #6
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Light Our Darkest Hour

This was a crucial scene in the movie and my favorite. It was classic foreshadowing to set up Hot Rod to "light the darkest hours". The darkest hours being Unicrons coming.

But more importantly, it showed to me, that the Matrix is not about power, it's about heart, potential and worthiness and yes, ability to lead the noble cause. Just because you have the Matrix, doesn't mean you can wield it and become the leader. UM didn't think he had what it takes, and doubted his own ability to lead. In a way, UM lost a little respect from me due to his hesitation. But some people are happy just being a soldier. Even when they fixed UM, he still didn't claim the Matrix.

To me, this scene was more about setting the stage for season three and legitimizing the character of Rodimus Prime. UM didn't "rise from the ranks". Why wouldnt Prime tell UM that some day he will rise and light their darkest hour. He specifically said "an Autobot" will. Its almost as if, Prime knew UM was not worthy. Maybe Prime purposely let the Matrix fall as a final test...
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.