Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #22
Slayback
Animated
Re: A look at MP - Apeface KFC Kingorilla & Kongor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
That's equivalent to calling my car a Ford when it's a Dodge. If something is labelled as Masterpiece, it's a registered brand which means:
- it is licensed
- it is from Takara / Hasbro
- it is from the same line as all previous Masterpiece figures

It's incredibly frustrating when I see something labelled as this brand and then later realize the difference. Then I have to go back and read all of the posts again with the new knowledge.

A better example would be if I referred to one of the new Robots In Disguise figures as a Titans Return figure. Titans Return is a specific branded line to which that figure does not belong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
It's fine, no big deal.
I got one KFC figure, Transistor. After transforming that figure once I'll never get another, very poor quality.

KFC Transistor was pretty much their first attempts at a MAsterpiece scaled figure. I think Apollyon was next. The only issue that i found with Transistor - and it was a non-issue was the metallic paint. Since then KFC products have grown by leaps and bounds. Sure -some of their items have overthought ways of transformation - but their overall aesthetic is imho top notch. eg - The Junkions - which to date no one else has made. Solid, well built and priced cheaper than most of your retail Takaratomy MP scaled figures.

If you're only going to base your judgement on the 1 offering that was one of their initial attempts at the MP-scaled, then you're being pretty closed minded - no offense. if you're trying out all the figures before hand and don't like them - i can understand. .. it's kind like telling your spouse who tried to make lasagna for the first time, and saying - Hey.. that didn't turn out. Please never make that again cus i don't think you'll ever be able to improve.

And No - i'm not trying to convert you - what's in your collection is in your collection.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 05-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.