View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
fakebusker83
Radicon
fakebusker83's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Thugger twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Well I thought my Thuggers were coming today, but what arrived was the Shapeways sample kit...makes sense as they stated there was a 20 day lead time on my order.

Any way the sample kit is excellent and (obviously) ships out instantly...I'll post some pics soon with some info in a separate thread. It really helps to see the different materials and GET THIS--METAL!!!

Looks like it will be at least a couple more weeks before I get my Thuggers. :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by BScorpinok75 View Post
Awesome work! I hope to put an order in sometime before the week is up. How long does shipping take? To US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
very interesting.
Thanks guys...Unfortunately the Thuggers cannot be printed in metal. The technology is not there yet. But recently Shapeways have released a bunch of new materials: frosted detail and frosted ultra detail! I can't wait to see how these new materials will turn out!

Delivery time is usually 10 working days, about 2 weeks...

So, the first orders have already shipped to some guys on the boards, I'll be getting mine in about tomorrow. I'm eager to hear some feedback, if you have been facing problems or suggestions of improvement. I have been hearing both positives and negatives (one of the Thuggers seemed to have broke into pieces).

For those who found their Thuggers broken, please send me a picture of your broken figure and tell me which areas are at fault. If the break is due to a design fault, I'll send you a replacement Thugger at no extra charge.

Of course, Shapeways plastic is not Hasbro plastic, so do take care during assembly.

For those who really love what I did here, a little compliment wouldn't hurt as well :lol

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.