Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #90
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Okay but if 10,000 of a toy sold and 100 of them break, that's a 1% failure rate? Annoying, frustrating if it's your copy that's F'ed up, but that's far from being "defective",
At the end of the day though, it's a mass-produced item. If you expect 100% QC on mass-produced items, you're only fooling yourself. If 100% was achievable, there wouldn't be broken condoms.
So I do agree that if the defects are a very small percentage of units sold, it isn't a defective item, but Takara should be sending out replacements to those that have legit issues with that particular fault. Even if say only 1% of all units sold has that issue that still places Takara at fault for not properly aligning the machine. It doesn't appear to be weak plastic as much as it is the mis-alignment of a gear when pressing the part in to place causing the issue.

This is something that Takara should send replacement parts for. This isn't a 100.00 toy. I've seen people complain for smaller things on Hot Toys figures and PF Statues and they run close to the same price if not LESS than BW Megatron.
Mass produced or not, even the best made companies still have defective units but that doesn't excuse Takara nor should it let them off the hook to help those who ended up with that bad batch.
I havent gotten mine yet and I am worried about it, but if I get the defect batch I would hope for some support.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.