Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #18
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher
Re: Collect or Play? Investment or Display?

Buddy of mine (Protoman) said it best. Things boxed in the 80s and prior retain their value because everyone opened up their toys and played with them. It's far more rare to find something from that era in good shape or boxed hence the value.

But now, look at how many of us are buying and displaying transformers. There's so many of us that keep things misb nowadays as well. So none of it is really going to appreciate in value because it'll be all over the place.

On top of That, transformers are a false investment. They're only worth what someone is willing to pay. That's why it's so easy to turn down someone who prices items higher than you want to pay. Your misb galaxy convoy could be worth 300$ to you and you price it as such, but if it's only worth 150$ to me, then it's and easy pass. On the flipside, someone who REALLY wants it may value it higher and jump on The price. These are The same people buying mp 44 and unicron. For them, it's worth it. The TY craze was an interesting case study in terms of collection values.

So, just open up your tfs and enjoy them or keep them misb if you prefer that look, but don't expect to rake in the cash one day. Do it for the fun that it brings you.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------

Last edited by Vain; 08-04-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.