Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #9
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Workplace dress codes....is it even relevant anymore?

Expectations are set by the people in charge, if not formally, through example.

Even if they have a casual dress code, if your boss comes in every day dressed in a suit and tie or pant suit, people will start to feel uncomfortable when they have to deal with them and are dressed down too much in comparison.

In some fields and situations, if you dress like your boss, you will make a good impression. There's a guy who cares about their looks, just like me. They must care about their job and this company as much as I do.

Like it or not, people do judge a book by its cover. Obviously you still have to bring the goods, but if you have two people of equal skill and temperament, and one is dressed in a suit and one is dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, the one dressed in the suit will be perceived by outsiders as being the one with more skill.

Obviously, different fields have different expectations, and different perceptions on dress style. A programmer in a three piece suit would stand out as odd, where a lawyer wouldn't.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.