Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Combiner Wars Strafe paint scraping

Not sure how prevalent this issue is, since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but some of my friends have noted that the paint on some parts of their Combiner Wars Strafe, namely the peg where Scrounge attaches (since the hole on the bottom of Scrounge scrapes against the peg) and the raised area of the small wings (which make scrape against the Strafe's sides when the wings are folded back for robot and combiner arm modes), will scrape off through normal use of the figure.

Clearly this is somewhat of an annoyance, since it's never good for a paintjob when a painted surface has to scrape against another surface to facilitate play. Since I haven't seen anyone else complain about this issue in the wider fandom, I was curious to know if anyone else has faced this problem. Of course, as Strafe only comes in a boxset, he's not an easy figure to replace or kitbash, etc.

Regarding fixes, I know that Ulthuan Grey from Citadel paints is an almost perfect color match for the affected areas on Strafe that I mentioned. Though of course, while simply repainting those parts for my friends and adding a layer of Future as a topcoat is easy, how do I make sure the fix actually lasts and won't just come off again the next time one of those friends fiddles with the figure? Any help on this would be appreciated.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.