Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 04:38 PM   #871
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: EBgames.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
A quick look on the net suggests that all stores are corporately owned. Which makes their actions less acceptable.

Interesting. That does make it worse.

I always figured they were independent because I remember seeing multiple stores in my area with the same staff member behind the counter talking about "her" stores in a way that sounded like ownership-level responsibility rather than simply being a manager or franchisee.

I don't have a Transformers-related issue with them as I've only ever bought a couple things from them and had no issue. But I pre-ordered a game last year that came with a physical bonus item. When I showed up at the store to get my copy I found out they didn't have any of the item because they only received THREE of them to distribute to pre-orders to that store and it was first come, first serve (I didn't pick up until the second day after release). I contacted their customer service to complain about how stupid it was to short-stock items that were only available on pre-orders (and thus they had to know exactly how many would be necessary at each location for pick-ups) and after a couple of back and forths with some CS rep who had no power to do anything I was told I'd be contacted by a regional manager. I never was. And when I e-mailed back to tell them as much I never heard a response back about that either.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.