Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 12:09 AM   #2324
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
I don't know about Crankcase, specifically, but here's the way things generally go at GameStop:

Stores only have control over pre-orders. Once an item is no longer available for pre-order (it's already released, it's sold out, was never available for pre-order to begin with, etc?) then they can't do much.

One thing they can do sometimes is transfer an item that's available at another store to their own store for you. However, I think they're a bit stricter about doing that these days, due to the cost of shipping. But if the employees at the store know you, they'll usually oblige.

Oddly, I've never seen them do a transfer from the main warehouse. But I guess if it's in the main warehouse, you could just order it online, assuming that inventory isn't being held for other pre-orders. The stock availability just shows if an item is there. It doesn't show if it's reserved for someone already. This is the same for in-store availability that appears online.

Hope that helps.

I guess it depends on the store... Mine has had no trouble checking and ordering from the warehouse or transfer from another store if it's available, even the "random" stuff, they can can order a whole box so that you get the one you want. Heck, some items where fairly "old"stuff and it wasn't an issue at all.

Also, most time when something is out of stock online, including pre-orders, they are able to still order it.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 11-28-2022 at 12:15 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.