Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 11:15 PM   #2323
Philtastic
Beasty
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZX123 View Post
Went into the my local Gamestop, asked for Crankcase.

Staff told me to order online instead, because they have no control on what kind of transformers they get.(They said the warehouse sends whatever available to them.)
I don't know about Crankcase, specifically, but here's the way things generally go at GameStop:

Stores only have control over pre-orders. Once an item is no longer available for pre-order (it's already released, it's sold out, was never available for pre-order to begin with, etc?) then they can't do much.

One thing they can do sometimes is transfer an item that's available at another store to their own store for you. However, I think they're a bit stricter about doing that these days, due to the cost of shipping. But if the employees at the store know you, they'll usually oblige.

Oddly, I've never seen them do a transfer from the main warehouse. But I guess if it's in the main warehouse, you could just order it online, assuming that inventory isn't being held for other pre-orders. The stock availability just shows if an item is there. It doesn't show if it's reserved for someone already. This is the same for in-store availability that appears online.

Hope that helps.
Philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.