Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 04:48 PM   #430
jdevil
Generation 1
Re: Hasbro Pulse Transformers Sightings

Well that was an adventure. I ordered ER Scorponok about a month ago.

A few days later it arrived in Ottawa but got stuck in customs and FedEx contacted me because the shipper only declared it to be worth a $1 on the declaration even though it was obviously worth more than that and CBSA knew it. I had payed the taxes to Hasbro, so I sent them the invoice showing the value and taxes paid.

FedEx spent the next two weeks trying to contact the shipper but they were not responding as they needed to confirm the value and pay the taxes. They kept me informed all along.

Two weeks ago I contacted to ask why they were not responding to FedEx. Turns out the shipper was not Hasbro but a separate fulfillment centre they use and it was past the time they could contact them about problems with a shipment so the guy decided said he would refund what I paid and hopefully it would make it through but there was nothing Hasbro could do at that point. What a horrible business model for them and poor customer service. My prediction is the fulfillment centre collects the taxes and then declares $1 and pockets the taxes hoping that CBSA just lets the package through.

So Fedex continues to get in touch with the shipper (fulfillment centre) for the past two weeks and finally somebody responds (probably with the taxes due) and it was released from customs yesterday and was delivered today right before the holidays.

So in the end I got a free Earthrise Scorponok but it has been a roller coaster ride. I would gladly have paid the taxes if there had been any at this point but they did not. Kudos to Fedex for not giving up and making sure it got here in time for the holidays
jdevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.