Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:09 PM   #45
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
There are two things people are really quibbling about. One, your inaccurate statements about how much figures cost in the past. Two, your arbitrary distinction of what can and cannot be labelled as a certain class of figure.

These two things muddy the waters in terms of having any form of useful discussion.

Everything else I don't think people really care.

Personally, I think the issue here is the passionate and emphatic claim that Hasbro is screwing the consumer and overpricing children's toys, etc. etc. etc., and that we shouldn't stand for these Siege prices, and then you saying you caved and paid the piper anyway.

I'm not sure if it's irony, but it sure is amusing to me.

Because a few weeks after Siege started showing up, they went on sale and anyone could have picked them up for about the same price as POTP. I know I did.

If anything, in terms of business, you caving to the price hike, is a prime example of why Hasbro could and probably should raised prices. They knew they had some people by the shorties, and they would eat it like a good consumer.
First, I've been collecting probably longer than many here have been alive, and I remember and even have boxes or cards with the price tags, and I used a few references to prices, with inflation and such rates applied, so instead of making comments to disparage me, I'd rather you make valid points.

Two, providing examples of various figures set at Deluxe that are not close to being similar in quality is far from arbitrary but fact. More so when you have the exact same figure in two series but with a 50% increase in price tag.

I'm happy for you that you are amused, but the reality is that as a collector, I do like the Siege line enough to want it, though I do find it overpriced... According to you and your peers, somehow, I shouldn't be allowed to state that I find them overpriced because I bought them regardless?

Let's see what the options are, when you are a collector, see something that you do want and:

Buy it at the regular price if you find the figure or...

hope for a sale and run the risk that it will be gone, poached or due the low stock... And then what?

1) you just don't manage to get it, which sucks
2) you find it at scalpers prices
3) you wait and hope that new stock show up somewhere at acceptable prices.

So LOTs of risk, large gamble, etc.

I hesitated on some figures before and never saw them again... So yeah I'm now paranoid.

And I'm not even factoring in the children and parents angle into this as it seems to be a moot point for those that are arguing this.

Anyways, this discussion has turned into something that I don't care for any longer as it's repetitive and not in a good way.. And note that it isn't just high prices that discourages some collectors to the point of quitting but the attitude of some. I'm here to share with others and have fun with it, help and assist if I can... And this has now turned from that quite a bit, but the last time I stated to someone how they were acting, I was the one that got a time out.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-16-2019 at 10:21 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.