Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:33 AM   #23
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Also bothersome is that at no point anywhere is Blitzwing, Shatter or Dropkick given names. As Starscream Fiancee pointed out, though it was great to see Decepticons as well rounded characters, something gets lost for the average fan in needing to say the "blue dude" or the "crazy red missy". A small gripe but I could see it causing a disconnect for the average moviegoer.
Very agree. While it didn't ruin the movie, the viewing experience would have been better if we could identify the Decepticons to give them more value.

Honestly, I got home and read Wikipedia and thought, "That seeker jet was supposed to be Blitzwing???"

Quote:
Everything with Memo was awkward, clunky and generally unnecessary, as was Bee stumbling around the house. He just came from a war zone and has no better sense than to be delicate?
I liked Memo, in a Bob Ross sort of way
But
Bumblebee's brainless clumsiness helped ruin the film for me.

Quote:
Finally, if this is in the Bayverse, as Travis Knight has said himself, then why was Earth depicted by Optimus as a new discovery? Was not Bee and Hot Rod there in 1944 or thereabouts? Also, since Megs was found in, what was It, 1897 and on ice since the 30's then why, exactly, did Shatter and Dropkick not break him out?
No Transformer knew Megatron or the Allspark cube were on Earth at this time. At least I think.

I would have completely forgiven the lack of continuity if this film had distanced itself from the Bay movies. But since it was very much a Bay style film, I must criticize the continuity errors.

- Bumblebee was in WW II, as you stated
- incorrect. Edited out : [he was a VW Beetle at the start of 2007, yet in this he already becomes a camaro.]
- Prime comes to Earth here in 1987? While in 2007 he landed for the 1st time in his Rock Lord meteor form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I think it is more that it isn’t epic enough to draw in huge audiences. But it isn’t intended to be.

With the exception of TLK(which might have been too epic), Bay’s films were all incredibly epic and all attracted the general public in big numbers.
While not necessary, Epic helps.
While the previous Bayformers were also poor movies, I enjoyed the epicness of movies #2,3, &5, and the clever ways they achieved it.

Last edited by JLvatron; 01-13-2019 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Corrected error
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.