Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #12
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

We must not forget the new Commander class. At $130, it's just so expensive. I balked at 90% of Siege to just get Jetfire. I highly doubt I'll be doing the same for Skylinx. I'm happy with the combiner wars version.

I think, had Hasbro released the Earthrise line about five or ten years ago, I would need every single bot. But, after several years of collecting, and getting all the classics, generations, and so many others, it's hard to get excited for the same characters being released again, even if they are totally that G1 design we all have been wanting. And then you factor in the huge cost, and it's just not worth it in most cases.

The second they put the deluxes in a box instead of a blister pack, the price jumped by ten bucks. That's just stupid. And they did that for the Last Knight movie, using many of the same molds as the movie before it (I forget that the dinobots were even in the fifth knight movie). That's when I knew it was all the packaging causing the price jump. And then you throw out the box.

And the size difference now... I know they're putting more plastic to fill in those hated gaps, but I never minded that. I understood that is was part of the toy design to make them sturdy. To me, shorter is bad. Leader class Astrotrain is shorter than Voyager Astrotrain from Titan's Return. Siege Ultra Magnus is nice, but is he nicer than the Combiner Wars version?

My list of Needs includes the Quintesson. My list of Wants includes Hoist (because the generations version sucks). My list of Maybes is Starscream, but maybe I'll just pass and eventually buy the masterpiece version. I have the classics mold. I know what it does. This one is just a little bigger, but yet, still not big enough.

TL: DR - Earthrise touched me in my special place... The G1 spot...
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.