View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 12:56 AM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
My only real complaint is the price increase across the board. Tacking on an extra $10 at every size class is arbitrary and not proportional --- deluxes increased by a whopping 50%, voyagers by 33%, and leaders by 17%. It's a particularly hard pill to swallow when the figures are generally smaller than their counterparts from the Prime Trilogy.

As well, no scout/legends class in this toyline means we get a laughably tiny figure like Cliffjumper sold at the inflated deluxe price point (and don't get me started on the lazy partsforming). Repaints and retools at this size, like Hubcap and Bugbite, are yet to come. It sets a troubling precedent where the price point and value of a figure are dictated more by the size of the packaging it's in, not the size of the figure itself. In a toyline that introduced a commander class for larger-than-leader figures (also overpriced at $120-$130, IMO), was it really off the table to have a scout class at, say, $15 to $20 for figures like CJ and other minibots that are bigger than legends but not quite deluxes?

I'm also annoyed by the lousy distribution at times, especially on late wave figures, but that's always been a problem and it's as much a fault of the stores for over-buying early waves and ramping off at the end of the toyline.

It's also really lousy that there is not a single "real" transformer under the $30 price point! You get weapons and micromasters.

It's clear that WFC is more aimed at collectors but it's still bullshit. At that, the legends/scout class is sorely missed. There have been so many great little bots in that size. FFS rung could have been a legends.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.