Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Repaints
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 01:55 AM   #6
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Repaints

For the Seekers and Datsun brothers, they get a pass as the originals G1 were as such and were developed enough to truly be part of the storyline and provide a proper supporting role, and actually look great in the different colours.

Others, are just fodder.

For the toys, I will be picky about it.

For Siege, I hated that they did Barricade as a recolor of the Datsuns (I don't care for it no matter, but he should have been a different mold), and the Rainmakers were just too neon, so I passed on them.

But as an example of one that called to me: Red Wing, he was so nice looking that I wished I could get him but the exclusive thing screwed it up and is a huge money grab as double/triple the price of the other seekers, so I ended up making one with a StarScream (see the thread I did about it).

For Reflaktor, I preferred the set with the proper colours over the purple one.

But for the Weaponizers, I didn't like the "power dashers" recolours at all, nor the multiple targetmasters, or the micromasters that were just the same mold over and over.

All of these just felt too much of a "cheap" thing from Hasbro that just didn't want to bother with new molds and just tried to max out the money they could make with the same molds over and over.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.