View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #17
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine
Re: Question about R.E.D figures ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
To answer the original question.

They're kinda made of heavy rubber(?) and they're more like Transformer action figures(?) They're REALLY heavy. Like there's metal inside the rubber. They're pretty toon accurate too. No kibble since they don't transform.

They have lots of joints like head swivel, waist swivel, ankle tilt, ab crunch but odd things, like Optimus can't sit, as an example since his waist piece prevents his legs from going 90 degrees in front. They have some soft clicky joints in the knees and elbows. Optimus and Soundave have chests that open.

I can't really tell how they go together. There are a couple exposed joints but they don't have rivet marks like ARAH arms, smooth on both sides. No screws, no glue marks though they must be glued unless there are internal snaps that hold the parts together. No gaps in the seams either. Very well made these things though my Megatron has a losse ab crunch.

What else? You can swap the hands out. Megatron has one with an energon cube in it for example. Also, the weapons are the same hard rubber rather than the old school hard plastic.

I don't collect a lot of figures other than the Generations TFs and old school Joes so I don't know if this type of material is common but that hard, heavy rubbery stuff is new to me. It FEELS odd, like those remote controls or computer mice with that grippy coating that eventually comes off. But then again they also feel like really hard pink erasers, with painted parts. The old ARAH Joes used a few different materials over time as do the recent Generations TFs and this is stuff is new to me.

I personally really like them. I could care less about the "Transformer" part since I never get rubber wheels on my Autobots. I hope they do tons more of these things. They're expensive but pretty high quality figures.
Excellent review. I personally love them,and I had many doubts based on other peoples views. Glad I took a chance on them.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.