Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #14
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Power of the Primes Hun-Gurr review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
Longer run time gives you more ad options I'm guessing.
In my limited experience, it only really gives you the option of those mid video ads. Some people way overuse them, Optibotimus likes to put a nice few in, some folks put those in in sheer bulk. I usually avoid those because it is usually pretty jarring. Outside of that, no, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I just watched a couple of Thew's. That shit is fucking ENTERTAINING. Great editing, good script, and damn, they're SWIFT.

I'm not interested in giving criticism, I simply don't understand how these shitty video reviews have an audience. The majority of these reviews are all the same. HERE'S A GUY'S HAIRY ARMS! Way too much hand talking. It's stupid little things like none of these guys can even do a basic jump edit for their fumbles or the really dragging on parts. The insane levels of nitpicking. Spending twenty minutes on a deluxe class toy for crissake.

*shrugs*

pick your poison.
Thew is an entertaining genius but with him the draw isn't so much the toy, it is his personality. He is way behind, even he admits that, but he is totally worth it for, as you said, the entertainment value. I guess reviews are like anything, it depends on what info you want, how much detail you like and what style speaks to you. In recent times, I have been doing both in front of camera and then focus on the toy and details. I am also wordy lol. Sometimes I have had folks watch parts and ask me about other parts, which is cool too. I like when people comment and speak. It feels more like a community. And, we could all use better editing sometimes lol. That is something to always work on improving. I dunno, quick or pictorial reviews have a place, but they aren't for me as I don't get the depth and detail I need personally. Meh, different strokes for different fòlks? Can't please all the people? You definitely make a lot of valid points though. Thew is quick, usually Baltmatrix is too for what its worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Sometimes I use the reviews when stuck on a hard transformation but I don't actually watch the "review". I guess they still get a view regardless
That depends on how long you watch the video for.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.