Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
mcfmullen
Generation 2
Re: TF Titans & Generations Deluxe on sale @ TRU ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
There's another thread on this topic with a lot of interesting perspectives. That said, where I come from (Canada), the law states that it's not fraud. However, you can argue that it's morally questionable, but even then, it depends on the argument you want to make for or against it. Especially if you aren't aware of SKU numbers, pick up the flyer, think 'hey, that name matches' and go into the store. If it's okay for random buyer to do that who doesn't know it (and really, it is LABELLED AS THE SAME PRODUCT and the value, as we all have argued, is the same as they are all Generations Deluxes despite recent price increass on newer stuff) and it works, then it's okay for us as well.

Fraud would only be if you were to slap a fake sticker on it, go to a bogus website listing (like the PS4 fiasco at Walmart a while back) and outright lie to people. You bring in a flyer and they accept it or not. EOD. There is no discussion of lying to someone, just making an argument. Some TRUs accepted the logic, others didn't. No fraud, just smart shopping.

Not trying to fan the flames or anything, I was just put off by how blunt your statement might appear to someone who may not have your same perspective. I respect all viewpoints and attitudes so long as they are politely given.
The knowing deception of convincing a store to give you a price for an SKU it isn't meant for is by definition fraud.

LYING to get what you want for gainful advantage is fraud.

Combiner Wars is NOT Generations. Different SKU, different price, different product.

If you think otherwise, you're in denial.
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.