View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 07:29 AM   #4
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: Gamestop/EB puts profits over people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
EB shoudn't be a whipping boy for this.

Best Buy was open here in BC today albeit with a max number of people in store.

Walmart was selling AC and DOOM.

The Source was open in the mall near me.

I'm not corporate shill but blame the dumbasses in such a rush to get those games they HAD to lineup. They were open all day. I got mine at 2pm and no one was around yet there was still a line of 10 people at the BestBuy (one guy was returning an Atari console!).

There was also the option of cancelling the preorder and buying online or digitally. They weren't accepting trades or cash and had wipes on hand if you needed to use the pin pad. Also, they announced they were closing for the foreseeable future as of the end of the day Friday.

The fact that EB is closing stores today is not a sign of responsibility so much as it's a sign that they were caught on record for being corporate ass hats that wanted profit.

The fact that they outright stated that they do not have proper cleaning supplies or sanitizers in their store during all is a testament to where their priorities are.

EB being a whipping boy is also what prompted BestBuy to close doors and do curbside pick up only. The Source has also closed corporate owned stores, the ones you see opened are privately owned to which you can blame the ass hat owner for staying open without precaution.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.