Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #7
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Too many TF toy lines? Which do you collect?

Oooohhh. Fun. Let’s see...

Which line(s) do you collect? and why that/those over the other lines?
I collect Generations, cause it scratches my “G1 but better” itch. I like seeing my childhood heroes and villains but updated. I also collect Studio Series, cause even though I feel like the movies started out kinda blah and did not improve over time, I generally like the designs. They’re interesting to me. Not a fan of Cyberverse cause, to me, it’s too simplistic or lazily designed. Also no to MP and 3rd Party stuff, cause they tend to be too pricey for me.

Huge collection or carefully curated selection?
Careful. I only have a smaller apartment and only 5 bookshelves to display stuff. I have 1 for TFs, 1 for Marvel Legends, 1 for Power Rangers, 1 for Star Wars and 1 for miscellaneous or overflow.

If you collect multiple lines does it ever get overwhelming?
Yes. TF not so much, but Marvel Legends was averaging a new wave of figures (usually 7 figures per wave), every 3 weeks in 2019. It was insane.

Have you ever stopped collecting a line as a result?
No, but it has caused me to scale back and only go after figures I really want. In the case of TFs, I try to only have 1 or 2 of each character, and even then only if they are wildly different (like Combiner Wars Devastator and Studio Devastator).

Do you feel the market is over-saturated with all these options?
For TFs, yes. There are like a dozen G1-esque Optimus Prime toys on the shelves right now. Between Siege, Earthrise, Cyberverse, and even some of the Studio stuff it seems like there’s a ton of stock but not a ton of options. I feel like it wouldn’t be so cluttered if they would stop releasing so many versions of the same 6 characters in every single line. Taking a break from Optimus, Grimlock, Hot Rod, Megatron, Starscream, and Shockwave for a while could do the brand some good I feel.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.