Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
Scourge
Mini-Con
Re: Some questions about KO WST Devastator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Welcome!

One of the first toys I ever bought online was a WST Devastator. It ended up being the same size as the original. I looked around but always found the same picture. It may be the KO name for Devastator. The set I have does not have any metal parts like the original, but fit together well. The stickers are poor, but overall quality was good. He stands up on his own.
Glad to be a part of the community.

I figured there would be no die-cast pieces, seeing as how it's KO, but it works out better for me anyways. Keeps shipping (weight) costs down and I will be using Tamiya aerosols to redeco at least one of them, redecoing the other is debatable because I'd just be re-doing the Gen 1 colours which it's molded in anyways. And stickers aren't an issue, if I really want some I can most likely get some at reprolable.

I might also get the Bruticus from the same set and redeco it into a show-accurate coloured RiD Ruination, so having the two be the same size might come in handy later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
For a KO, I thought the quality was pretty good, but its still far below some of the high-end KOs and the original. You get what you pay for, basically. IIRC, he's around the same size as a normal devastator, but a little bit larger, such that the parts can't be swapped I don't think.
I figured at $6 either one, WST or Discostator, wouldn't be great quality. They're more or less just for display purposes.

Part swapping isn't a problem either. I have a very small and ecclectic collection of TFs at the moment... a few Gen 1s, a KO Jetfire from my local dollar store and X-Brawn. It's my mecha collection that's impressive.

Last edited by Scourge; 05-28-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.